Canada Safety Council, Instructor Training Course: Call 403-247-6681
Nationally recognized Snowmobile Instructor course, developed by the Canada Safety Council.
The Snowmobile Instructors course is available as a 3 day upgrade to CSC Certified ATV Instructors or as a 5 day course.
The key elements involved in the Instructor Training course are:
- In-depth discussions regarding riding techniques and practices.
- Rider evaluation techniques and lesson planning.
- Rider awareness and adaptation to changing conditions.
- A focus on techniques of delivery, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Instructor candidates are provided with an Instructor Kit which includes program curriculum.
All candidates must have the appropriate type of machine, for the course they will be participating in and PPE, including an approved helmet.
All machines must pass a pre-ride safety inspection and have valid registration and insurance. Any machine that does not pass cannot be used and may affect the candidate’s ability to successfully complete the course.
The CSC requires that to become a CSC certified Instructor, individuals must:
- Be a graduate of a CSC Student Course prior to enrolment in a CSC Instructor (IP) course.
- Complete and submit an application to attend an Instructor Preparation Course.
- Successfully complete the CSC IP course which includes:
- Completing the Student Rider Course (familiarization phase).
- Passing the CSC Instructor skill test.
- Passing the CSC Instructor knowledge test.
- Passing student teaching based upon CSC’s evaluation criteria.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have or obtain basic first aid training.
Potential Instructors are to submit the following information, should they wish to enrol.
- Copies of current Instructor and or Student certificates, if applicable.
- Current resume: Including relevant education and safety training background with a minimum of three professional references.
- Cover letter – Detailing why the Applicant wishes to take the course and number of years of practical experience related to the course subject. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any previous instructional/employee training experience and training within the health and safety field.
- Original copy of criminal record check
- Proof of current first aid certification
- Original copy of Driver’s abstract
In-House Instructors: An in-house instructor must be a full time employee of the company they are instructing for. An in-house instructor may only instruct the course to employees of the company they are employed with. All instructors must sign an agreement to this effect to ensure proper classification and certification. A letter of support/authorization from the applicant’s employer may be requested.
Public Instructor: A public instructor is an instructor who instructs to any member of the public and compensation is received for those services. In this case, the applicant must also submit:
- Proof of Company registration. Must be a Ltd. Company
- Proof of WCB Coverage in good standing
- Proof of Third Party Liability Insurance – Minimum 2 million dollars
CALL 403-247-6681 for upcoming course dates and pricing.