The Workplace Health and Safety (OHS),Occupational Health and Safety Act says that you, as an employer, must do everything you reasonably can to protect the health and safety of your workers.
Part 19, POWERED MOBILE EQUIPMENT
- A worker must not operate powered mobile equipment unless the worker
- has received training sufficient to safely operate the equipment,
- has demonstrated competency in operating the equipment to
a competent worker designated by the employer
- is familiar with the equipment’s operating instructions, and
- has been authorized to operate the equipment
Are you doing everything you can to protect the health and safety of the workers you employ?