UTV SAFETY TRAINING CERTIFICATE COURSE
Developed by: CANADA SAFETY COUNCIL
At Xtreme ATV, our mission is to provide safety education and training to both leisure riders and field personnel. Our Chief Instructor has many years of riding experience and has been certified by the Canada Safety Council.
For your convenience, our training facility is just minutes from Calgary’s NW city limits!
The program consists of safety education and rider skills training. It fully complies with the curriculum guidelines recommended by the Canada Safety Council and is WHS compliant.
UTV STUDENT COURSE OUTLINE
- INTROCUCTION TO SAFETY AWARENESSS
- Safety Alert / Risk Awareness /Managing Risk
- PREPARING TO RIDE
- Dressing Like the Pros (PPE) / Warming Up
- GETTING FAMILIAR WITH YOUR UTV
- Know Your Controls / Checking Your ATV (T-CLOC)
- STARTING YOUR UTV
- Starting Procedures
- LET’S START DRIVING
- Posture / Starting Out / Breaking / Parking
- TURNING-SWERVING-STOPPING QUICKLY
- DRIVING ON DFFERENT TERRAIN
- RIDING STRATEGIES
- Reading the Terrain / Choosing Proper Speeds / Using SIPDE / Practicing SIPDE / Trail Riding / Riding Different Terrain / Effects of Alcohol, Drugs and Fatigue
- HAULING, DUMPING, TOWING and PARKING
- SAFE DRIVING PRACTICES
- Plan Ahead / Survival Kit / Trail Signs / Towing a Trailor / Laws and Regulation / Tread Lightly! / You and the Rest of the World / Finding Places to Ride
- SURVIVAL SKILLS
- DIFFERENTIAL OPERATION MODES
- LOADING and UNLOADING MACHINES
Call 403- 247-6681 for details and prices on private and group classes.